MacBook AIR, an ultralight Apple laptop was announced today!
- fast (1.6 or 1.8GHz)
- 2GB RAM
- 80GB drive (larger than the 40GB I saw predicted a few weeks ago) or 64GB solid state.
- built in camera, microphone, and speaker.
- Wifi and Bluetooth, of course.
- only an audio jack, so no ability to use high-quality plug-in headphones with Dolby mic for Skype calling (my favorite on the road)
- only one USB port
- 5 hour battery
- no ethernet (doesn't matter to me, but others are already writing about it)
- 3 pounds - my Dell is 2 pounds, but the transformers have always weighed a ton on Dell power cords and been super light on Apple, so this might be even carrying weight